What is Trinsic?
- A joint venture between Intermountain Health and UCHealth in February, 2023 creating a statewide Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) for patients. It is governed by a physician-led board of directors and will be bringing value-based contract opportunities to both organizations.
- The goal of the CIN is to reduce costs and redundancy in health care delivery operations for its members.
- It promotes the CIN payment model that rewards value rather than volume.
- Benefits all parties involved, including patients, physicians, payers, and the communities it serves.
What is value-based care (VBC)?
- Value-based care is different from our current, fee-for-service model of health care in the US.
- Value-based care encompasses the following:
- A payment structure that rewards quality and efficiency rather than volume
- Incentivizes team based care
- Stratifies patients by risk so that resources can be targeted— “right patient, right care, right place, right time.”
- VBC will dominate the US Health care landscape in the coming years but it will require a transformation of providers, patients and the entire health ecosystem.
What is the current focus of Trinsic?
- To redesign and reinforce primary care practices to provide more effective and affordable coordinated care and improve documentation, accountability and the patient experience.
- Developing a roadmap of payer contracts towards risk to ensure incentives are aligned.
- Coding and documentation program designed to work on appropriate coding and documentation of the senior population for the current Trinsic MA plan and the Signify ACO.
- Centralizing care management and care coordination team assigning one to each practice.
- Future state of Trinsic will include collaboration with specialists.
I’ve heard that a future state of Trinsic will include collaboration with specialists. What will Trinsic mean to specialists?
- As the team works to expand the network of providers, we look forward to collaborating with specialists.
- To fully accomplish its mission of consistently delivering high quality care while reducing costs and improving the patient experience, specialists will play an integral part in the ACO.
- Specialists who become members of Trinsic will use metrics to prove out their effectiveness in reaching the goals stated above.
What does care management and value-based pharmacy look like under Trinsic?
- As part of the new Trinsic model, care management and value-based pharmacy will be centralized beginning January, 2024.
- This new model will ensure all roles are working at top of scope and will improve the experience and efficiency of VBC and improve patient experience through a number of clinical services offered to support the practices and their patients.
- Centralization will develop a larger care coordination infrastructure.
- Care management and value-based pharmacy employees will be hired by Intermountain Health.
- Questions can be sent to: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=3haQp9C9R06R9HlBarkSrZuZO1iURIBMo_AYvLnFqVRUOTBPWFRIMVZZVE9ESDQxNkQ5WDJaMzJIUy4u
Which contracts will be part of Trinsic when it officially launches in January, 2024?
(some plans may change due to ongoing negotiations).
-Select Health (individual Exchange plans — 2024)
-Select Health (2024)
-Original Medicare (MSSP)
Note: Trinsic evaluates new and existing contracting opportunities, in accordance with Board approved contracting parameters, on an ongoing basis. This helps to maximize performance and to mitigate risk.